The ORCHESTRAL MUSIC of AFGHANISTAN: LOOKING FORWARD
A concert of all new works by Afghan composers performed in London on 5 July 2022 as part of the Spitalfields Music Festival. Nine composers, now in exile across the globe, make their voices heard through the performance of the Oxford Philharmonic Orchestra & guest musicians on traditional Afghan instruments.
This is the first time so many orchestral works by Afghan composers will be performed by a professional orchestra internationally.
Overcoming Adversity to Play Again: A Refugee’s Story
In recognition of Refugee Week 2022, Musician and Associate Prof. Dr. Waheedullah Saghar (former head of the Music Department for the Faculty of Fine Arts at Kabul University) speaks of his experiences of being a refugee, and how music helps to keep our stories alive across continents.
- Protect Afghanistan's musicians & their song
- Help raise awareness for their plight
- Advocate for priority asylum status
- Assist in sustaining & rebuilding life
- Testimonies and personal stories
- Our news and views
- Archive of articles witnessing the crisis